Saturday, May 2, 2009

A PRAYER FOR STRENGTH by Samuel Singh

O Lord, God, My heavenly Father,
You know that I am always in need for Your strengthing since I am nothing without you. At this time of need within my life, grant me strength. You told me to come to You if I am weary and heavy laden. You provide me with refuge and strength, and is ever willing to help me in times of trouble though you know I do not deserve it. I know, Father, that all I have to do is ask it of You and You would grant it to me, maybe not in my time but in Yours, I ask you to strengthen those whose hearts long for You and for those who need You but do not know how to ask.

My body is growing ever more tired Lord, yet my hope is always in You, for it is built on the blood your Son has shed for me in His righteousness. I fear much in the world Father, especially falling away from the path you have set for me. Be ever with me, guiding my way, forever the light to my path for I know that You are with me. I am not worthy of the numerous blessings that you have granted me; guiding me as a Father, allowing me to speak to Jesus as a brother and leaving the Holy Spirit to intercede on my behalf. You who know my thoughts, grant me the strength to do what is right for Your sake. I know You help me each day that I live; that You shield me with Your mighty arm. Even as the shadows of sin, worldly pleasures and illness may seek to carry me away, I ask you to protect me for I know that all I have to do is ask and I will be comforted and given strength by my faith in You.

Thank you for loving me Lord and grant me strength to do the things you ask of me and walk the path you have set for me. This and whatever else you see that I need I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Saviour.
Amen.

10 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful prayer to our Heavenly Father. Thanks for sharing it, Mr. Singh.

    Erin Blasdel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true in all of our lives. Well written too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful prayer samuel ...

    sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, it is a beautiful prayer, Sam.
    I've been listening to Joel Osteen lately and everthing you wrote is spoken about in each of his sersoms. I didn't get a chance to listen to him today but what you wrote was my dose of the reinforcment I get from him every Sunday. Have a great week! (Btw it's Geeta :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam, it's Geeta. Thank you for sharing the beautiful prayer. I listen to Joel Osteen on Sundays but didn't get a chance to do so today, so thank for being this week's dose of reinforcement for me. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm ... sounds like a prayer we should say on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing ... I will pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey darling...you always surprise me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey darling...you always surprise me

    ReplyDelete
  9. a man asked his friend :-- why we worship got in differ-differ form though god is everywhere....
    his friend replied:-- like air is everywhere but we need a fan to feel it.....

    really a sweet prayer....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful prayer I would pray for my son, who has returned home to be closer to family and friends. I pray he will gain the strenght it is going to take to look for a job and will pray he for him to put his trust in Jesus.

    Samuel thanks for posting this prayer.

    ReplyDelete