Monday, May 4, 2009

Prayer of Healing by Samuel Singh

Heavenly Father, You are my creator, the great healer and cure for all human woes. You knew me before I was formed in the womb and you watch over me all the days of my life, everything that I am is because of You. As my Lord and Creator, I seek Your healing touch.

You are the only need that I have in my life. You heal Your servants when they call upon Your mightly name. Like the leper that was cleansed by Your Son by his plea, "Lord, have pity on me a sinner." I ask in my own fragile and imperfect way through Your Son Jesus, my Lord and Saviour, take away all the ailments that assault my body if it is Your will. My faith in You and Your son is all the help and assurance I need to comfort me in my life. I know that the closer I am to You, the more the Devil will tempt me, give me strength to withstand his assaults. Your mercy and love for me, a wayward child is more than I deserve. Yet Father, hear my plea to you and grant my request.

Father, I worship you each day with a grateful heart for all that You have done for me. You are ever my keeper even when I stray from your flock like a wayward sheep, you search for me like the Good Shepherd that you are.

I kneel before you Father not only for myself but for others, I also ask you to give me the strength to pray for others who need it. There are many in the world this day who have yet to hear Your call, I ask you to touch thier hearts. If they are in need of Your healing touch show them that with faith in You anything is possible. I pray for those who need Your touch to dry their tears, to heal their illnesses, curse diseases, strengthen all injuries back to wholesomeness. I pray for those who are in pain, lighten their load Father, show them that you are God. I pray for all those who are getting older and with age comes pain, confusion, pain and forgetfullness, weariness. They have seen loved ones go before them, stay with them them like a Father with a child once again my Lord. I pray for those who are about to undergo surgery. You know the reason why dear Lord, I ask that Your presence be with the doctors and those who perform the surgery.

Heal my heart Lord, give strength and healing to those who have thier faith in You. Jesus, my Saviour, Brother and friend, take these words from my lips and from my heart and hear them, listen to all my unspoken prayers as I call to You, I place my faith in You.

Great Father and Physician, I ask once again for Your healing, the healing of the body, peace of mind and wholeness of spirit that only You can bring. Take my frailities and illness, my prayers for those who need Your healing and give us individually as Your children the courage and faith to trust in Your everlasting and divine generosity and friendship. Thank you keeping me as an instrument of Yours. Thank you for hearing this prayer of healing. Heavenly Father, all these petitions I ask in the name of Your Son and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. A bitlong but very thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sam = this was very nice - thank you! - phil

    ReplyDelete